Tuesday, April 28, 2009

When making corsages/bouquets, does a floral solution exist?

I will be making my own corsages and bouquets on my wedding day. Some friends told me that florists dip the flowers or spray them with some solution that essentially seals the flower so that they don't wilt or continue to bloom. Does this exist? What is called? Where do I get it?

When making corsages/bouquets, does a floral solution exist?
For wearable flowers, I don't think so.





There's an 'anti desiccant' spray, that will help "keep" the flowers longer. It's called Wilt Pruf. However, it is waxy product, so could leave residue on fabric.





The best thing to do is to soak the whole corsage in water... fill a sink, and let them sink/float, for the 12 hours before the ceremony. Water will be absorbed through the flower. Keep them cool/ in the shade until they are ready to be worn.





It isn't unusual for a florist to arrange wedding flowers the day of the ceremony. Ofcourse for a guest/ participant of the wedding, that's quite impossible.





Good luck


I hope that this helps


No comments:

Post a Comment